bottom panel on door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a back door which is double glazed.the top panel is glass and the bottom panel has a cat flap in.I want to take out the panel and get a new one without a hole in it.Just how much force should I use to get the beading off.I have tried levering a wallpaper scraper behing one of the beads but dont want to snap it.Whats the best tool to use,how much force should I use and which bead is it best to start on please.Oh its interior glazed the beading is on the inside

Sponsored Links
If the beads are mitred in the corners then start in the middle of the longest 2 beads, if they are scribed then start at any end of the first 2 beads that come off.

If you are able to get your scraper in and can see the bead coming away then it shouldn't really take much extra force after that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back