Bought a house and found BED Bugs. Any help?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help me. I recently purchased a home and moved in immediately. I began noticing bed bug bites approximately a week later. I got daily rashes. I had exterminator come by and treat. There were already infestations beginning under my couch.

Question, if the bed bugs were here in the house before I moved in (which I believe they were) are there any legal remedies against agents or seller. Please advise.

Pampanga

Sponsored Links
I found some bed bugs in my couch and I found some in the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
If the bugs are seen on ceiling (which is part of the house) do i have any right to take legal claim? My bad is that I never get any help from an inspector. Now I am having a problem with regards to this one. Huge.

I doubt it! Your best course of action would be to contact the parties involved in the purchase. (Vender, estate agent, solicitor) To see if there was anything regarding the legal work that protects you.

Yall-postin-in-a-troll-thread.jpg

If the bugs are seen on ceiling (which is part of the house) do i have any right to take legal claim? My bad is that I never get any help from an inspector. Now I am having a problem with regards to this one. Huge.

Uh-oh.

If you didn't get an inspection, then it is on your shoulders. Even house inspections for termites have disclaimers, i.e., they're not worth the paper they are written on, and I think the same would apply for any bed bug inspection. Home sellers are not obliged to disclose bed bugs, and most certainly wouldn't anyway, so in this case I'm afraid you just have to deal with it yourself. (These comments are based on regulations here in Ohio.)
My advice is to get rid of the furniture because, from what I've heard, even spraying isn't guaranteed to kill them.

I doubt it! Your best course of action would be to contact the parties involved in the purchase. (Vender, estate agent, solicitor) To see if there was anything regarding the legal work that protects you.

Do you think I have the right to get a refund? Or maybe/either a pest control assistance for free?

Sponsored Links
Back