bought a upvc window - might be a bit too small - help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello folks, first time poster, long time lurker..

I am in a bit of a quandry..we have bought a small upvc window but I think it may be a small all round by an inch or so..the window itself is
50inch high by 34inch across...I am quite good at diy etc but this is my first attempt at fitting a window..

what can I do by way of making it fit all round..I have been told I should cement round it, pack it out with timber, all sorts of advice but I figured to come on here and ask the pro's..

many thanks and I look forward to the replies..

Sponsored Links
Don't know what sort of window it is but you should be able to by an add on for it which should just clip onto the window.

you should be able to buy one from where you bought the window unless you bought it second hand.

if you did buy second hand then look for a print on the inside of the window which should give you an indication of what window system it is i.e. Veka or Profile 22 or synseal or many others if you find the print then go online to one of the websites of that company and give them a ring they should be able to point you in the right direction from there.

:D

You can get plant on pieces, but one of these will put the frame off centre. Probably best to centralise the frame, fix with suitable screws, then use expanding foam to fill the gap, and then cover with 25mm bullnosed cover moulding

Sponsored Links
You can get plant on pieces, but one of these will put the frame off centre. Probably best to centralise the frame, fix with suitable screws, then use expanding foam to fill the gap, and then cover with 25mm bullnosed cover moulding

thanks for that...where would I get the cover moulding from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back