boulter oil boiler

No, apart from being very rude to me, he has said that he has been a gas engineer for more years than my age.

Its that status as a gas engineer which I was asking about.

Unfortunately, there is no legal requirement at the moment to be OFTEC registered to do repairs on oil boilers. He has not made any claims in respect of his experience of oil boilers.

Having said that he does not sound as if he knows much about sizing boilers!

Tony

Sponsored Links
charliebigbanana

You ask a perfectly reasonable question and get abused for it :eek:

If you cant get hold of a manual ring Worcester Bosch tech they'll help you.

You may have to change more than nozzle and pump pressure air settings if re-rating the boiler, sometimes baffle positions need altering too, but you know that information will be in the manual you want, which is why you asked.

Its another post on warning people about working on appliances, when lots of potentially dangerous advise is given on this site every day :eek:

I raised this point a while back about giving out advise such as on this post and was pilloried for it.

If someone wants to work on any appliance, it is their God-given right. Whether it's illegal or not is another issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back