New Oil Boiler time

Sponsored Links
Have you considered switching to LPG?

Yes i have considered all sorts of solutions. LPG, Solid fuel both pellet type boilers and stove based, ground air or water sourced heat pumps, solar and even a stirling engine!.
But all of them are more expensive to run and the installation costs would be astronomical.

New LPG tank and pipes removal of all the oil related stuff .... tank and pipes and i think an lpg tank could not go where the oil tank is so a new site would have to be made, concrete base ect.

if british gas would do the last 4 miles of gas pipe installation to our village then i would probably switch to gas but i dont think going the lpg route would be a good idea for me.

I am always open to ideas ......

Andy

Sponsored Links
You don't cover the house, you wear them, then you don't need heating. ;)

Have you considered switching to LPG?

Yes i have considered all sorts of solutions. LPG, Solid fuel both pellet type boilers and stove based, ground air or water sourced heat pumps, solar and even a stirling engine!.
But all of them are more expensive to run and the installation costs would be astronomical.

New LPG tank and pipes removal of all the oil related stuff .... tank and pipes and i think an lpg tank could not go where the oil tank is so a new site would have to be made, concrete base ect.

if british gas would do the last 4 miles of gas pipe installation to our village then i would probably switch to gas but i dont think going the lpg route would be a good idea for me.

I am always open to ideas ......

Andy

If you had bottles siting would not be such an issue. Lpg is better inmho but oil is economical most of the time. Oil prices are low atm but that could all change very quickly when the next crisis happens. Lpg has it's advantages but your priority should be to insulate as much as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back