boulter oil boiler

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies

oilman- I was after the manual to resize the burner jet and air settings to increase burner output cheers

Why would you be doing that? Are you also going to increase the pipe sizes to and from the boiler? Are you expecting a long term major weather change?

With a name like "big banana" it makes me wonder id you are the kind of person who would increase the power input above what the manufacturer has specified.

I went to a gas boiler tonight with a burner pressure of 16 when the maximum should have been 10.5

Not surprisingly it was overheating!

Tony

underfloor heating is going to be added actually, pipework doesnt need upgrading!

simple question! only asked for a manual
thanks for the answers that were actually helpful!

There is no point in having a manual to make a pointless change. You have not established the need for increased output. All heating systems (even if designed correctly) only work near their maximum for 11 days per year, the rest of the time they are oversized. Unless your boiler runs without ever the control stat opening, then it has more than enough output. Those particular boilers are frequently underloaded.

Many oil boilers have a significant power output variation available by adjustment of the oil pressure.

Changing the combustion conditions would usually need a Flue Gas Analyser to check and set the mixture.

I would wonder if you have the necessary skill or equipment available to you.

Tony

Agile you sad little big gob know nuffin
wonder all you like, I've probably been a gas engineer for more years than your age

wonder all you like, I've probably been a gas engineer for more years than your age

In that case its a pity that you have not learnt how to explain your situation or to be polite to people!

Did you learn how to be rude at British Gas?

Odd if you have been a gas engineer for so long that you dont seem to know anything about matching boiler heat output to the heating load!

Tony

PS I am over 45 !

In that case its so surprising that you still dont even know how to change a heater element or what the usual charge would be!

Hi guys can anyone estimate how much I can expect to pay to have an immersion heater element replaced?
thanks

Why not prove your status by quoting your CORGI number ???

Why not prove your status by quoting your CORGI number

That proves f**k all, as the original post is about an oil boiler, so an Oftec No. might be more appropriate. Dont you think so Tony.

Why not prove your status by quoting your CORGI number

That proves f**k all, as the original post is about an oil boiler, so an Oftec No. might be more appropriate. Dont you think so Tony.

Quoting an oftec number proves F*** all!

Many who leave the assessment centres are clueless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back