Bound Resin Patio Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorting out the garden, thinking of trying the bound resin for the patio area, I see kits are available online and i think Selco had some kits last time I was passing.

Bit unclear on the sub-base, I understand it has to be solid else there will be cracking / movement. Would 4 inches of type 1 compacted be ok, or is a concrete base better on top of some compacted type 1, or something else?

Slabs were down on an inch or so of sand. It's been lifted and there is compacted soil at the moment

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I believe a more stable base than MOT would be required, like concrete or tarmac

Blup

Sorting out the garden, thinking of trying the bound resin for the patio area, I see kits are available online and i think Selco had some kits last time I was passing.

Bit unclear on the sub-base, I understand it has to be solid else there will be cracking / movement. Would 4 inches of type 1 compacted be ok, or is a concrete base better on top of some compacted type 1, or something else?

Slabs were down on an inch or so of sand. It's been lifted and there is compacted soil at the moment

Thanks!
I was thinking about giving it a go -although I had seen examples of problems where where each mix was laid it looked a bit different -something to do with over mixing the resin / gravel.

I find the brick pavers a bit boring so wanted to do it for a small drive. Ive seen a few driveways around where its been done and it looks really smart.

Im not so keen on resin bonded -it looks like unfinished gravel somehow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back