boxer cant get past the first round

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my peugot boxer has been having problems staying started first thing. It starts sound then slowly looses power and a load of white smoke comes out of the exhaust then stalls. its than hard to start but when it does the white smoke comes out and if i rev hard enough it sort of flushes out and is sound once its going. if i leave for a few hours theres the same problem ive been told it might be water in the fuel filter. Any ideas cheers :idea:

Sponsored Links
My guess is to do with the coolant system problem, are you losing water or is it overheating etc. blown head gasket? water in the oil? fuel mixture okay by checking the colour of the sparking plugs?

Oh dear, long time since I've muck about with car engine, hopefully someone will give you a straight answer!

Never had much to do with these vans, however most diesels do get an ammount of water in the filter. This can be a worse problem in winter because the water can freeze or congeal into a sludge like mess.

There is often a drain on the bottom of the filter or its housing which is there to get rid of the water. You are looking for either a plastic knurled or wing type bolt. Undo this(usually by hand) and the water will drain out, there will be no need to bleed the system afterwards.

If there is no drain follow the lines back and see if there is an inline one fitted, If not, fit a new diesel filter as a first step.

Sponsored Links
Back