Boxing in boiler? (moved from forum information)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a combi boiler in my daughters bedroom. It looked like it was moved from the kitchen before we moved in few years ago.

My question is , is it safe to box this in , as in making it a cupboard so you can access it when need to or when a gas engineer has to ? Would I need to make a vent on it? And would I need a carbon monoxide alarm.

Advice appreciated

Thanx

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Moderator's note
Andyc192, all your queries have been in the wrong sections. Please look at the range available on //www.diynot.com/diy/ and read the descriptions.

Attachments

• 20160625_132937.jpg
    20160625_132937.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 175
Sponsored Links
The alarm is something I would do asap. The rest of your Q depends on what your gsr says.

Yes you can box it in.
If you don't have them, download the MIs for your boiler and this will give you the clearances that are required for "building-in" the boiler. You can make it quite tight and it would probably be best to make the whole cupboard "removable" for engineer purposes rather than tying to make enough room 'inside' the cupboard to give service access - it'll make your service engineer happier :D

Moderator's note
Andyc192, all your queries have been in the wrong sections. Please look at the range available on //www.diynot.com/diy/ and read the descriptions.

Thanks guys much appreciated ;)

Moderator's note

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back