Boxing in brown soil pipe, anything to avoid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the question, we have an internal vertical run of brown soil pipe that needs to be boxed in & soundproofed.
Is there anything where contact with the 'plastic' will cause problems?
The reason for my question is our loft renovation revealed a lot of polystyrene in contact with ring main which apparently is a big no-no & in my bid to soundproof the sound of the flush I don't want to store up trouble for the future.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Above ground installations of brown soil pipe aren't really correct, it's designed for underground use only.

Nevertheless, that's what you have, and you can soundproof it with pretty much whatever you want, there's no insulation I'm aware of that'll attack the plastic

Thanks muggles, I know about brown for underground and grey for above but my (ex) builder reconed that as it's being boxed in it will be OK which I guess is true.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back