Boxing in stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello just wondering if someone could give me some advice with regards to boxing in stairs.

I wont be able to box it right up to the back wall as there is a door that access will be needed to - as shown in the rather basic picture!

Could you just give me some simple advice on the best way to do this, materials to use and perhaps even the best idea about a door - Im unsure where to put the door area and whether or not to use a sliding door or just have a door way with no actual door - I am blocking in the stairs as it is where my girlfriend keeps her tortoise in its tortoise table, but as our house can get rather breezy I believe that boxng in the stairs will help keep it warmer - so wouldnt want a proper door as Id not be able to keep it open a lot due to room constraints and would like there to be airflow for the tortoise - do you recon a sliding door would be good value in this situation?

Cheers fellas.

(Pictures not telling much I know! I just didnt know how to explain the fact that I cant box up to the back wall very well so thught a pic might help!)

1686j4w.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back