boxing muslim amir khan

when i was younger i used to look at all those people going to church and all those born again christians that had seen the light and thought to myself how can anyone fall for all that claptrap but as i've grown older i've realised that there is a lot of sense in religions albeit they talk about things in old ways that don't have the benefit of the technological advances we do have these days but same as some old wives tales, science is actually starting to find truths in it all.

The way i look at it is these teachings have been handed down for generations bits added on here and there but it gives an insight as to how things were in those days and their beliefs as to what was going on in the world, therefore it is a history of knowledge aswell, ok it might sound a bit funny when they talk of burning bushes talking etc but that's our take on what's actually being spoken of, to those living in them days it made total sense, perhaps we have lost a lot of knowledge of the past some of which science is only now beginning to uncover again. we musnt think in such confined ways thinking only our era has benefitted man with knowledge, thousands of years has given man the ability to know his domain better, so it is narrow minded of us to think that man in those days knew little.

Sponsored Links
narrow minded not to think religion isnt a tool to hold the masses down

Slogger said:
narrow minded not to think religion isnt a tool to hold the masses down

more narrow-minded not to consider all the options.

notb665 said:
I agree with Slogger saying that religion is rubbish, but if someone wants to be disillusioned, fine, some people need it. But I ain't gonna tell them they're wrong, it's none of my business.

Slogger, I doubt you know what "JIHAD" means, something you have in common with most Muslims, in my opinion.

Mustapha, you darn fool - you try to reason with an ignorant prejudiced racist. It can't be done!
lol u r yet another one calling people names to get your point over ? why go personal on me for saying religion is a tool to hold the masses down

why slag me off with the racist tag when we know it isnt racist to be against a religion

wtf r u on hero juice wake up and smell the roses the ISLAMIC cult has shown it supports these scum bag murderers and wont do anything to stop them

when was the last march by the ISLAMIC CULT against the terrorists > never there never has been yet when we lock one of them up for murder they hit the street

f*** them alll and alll that support this evil cult

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
lol u r yet another one calling people names to get your point over ? why go personal on me for saying religion is a tool to hold the masses down

So I called you a name - you swear which is a sign of not being able to express yourself properly - you don't know any better words. I actually agreed with you.

Slogger said:
why slag me off with the racist tag when we know it isnt racist to be against a religion

This is why:

Slogger said:
enemy of the white

yes its easy to edit a post to make it look like i said enemy of the white ............ but please put the whole sentence in theres a good lad :D
ps ;)

Slogger said:
yes its easy to edit a post to make it look like i said enemy of the white ............ but please put the whole sentence in theres a good lad :D
ps ;)
and the backtracking goes on and on, go any further back on what you said and you'll disappear up your own ar*e now there's a good thought! :D

I am not a muslim. I used to be a regular Church of England goer.

All this anti-islam stuff is terribly "today". Don't get caught on the bandwagon the extremists want you to jump onto.

For those who so fervantly hate islam, did they feel they same way about catholicism (or all catholics) when the IRA were blowing up innocent people in Eniskillen or Manchester. I somewhat doubt it.

I thought most Bristish people, based on our experiences with the IRA etc. were above all this claptrap. Hence most sensible British people's ambivalence to the USofA's call to arms after their second terrorist attack ever (remember the Oklahoma event was the first). Funny how the stupid IRA sympathisers in the US suddenly woke up and understood what a terrorist is :rolleyes:

bathroomswap said:
Don't get caught on the bandwagon the extremists want you to jump onto.

Well said. However, I would amend extremists to extremists/politicians.

Sponsored Links
Back