bra wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an AEG 1250 Electronic washing machine, inadvertantly washed an underwire bra , only to find it came out - minus one wire! It made a 'funny' noise on its final spin, have checked the 'button' trap, run my fingers inside the rubber door seal, 'spun' the drum, and all seems ok - now, do I take the chance with another load of washing? or what?

Split from hi-jacked post, please see 20

Sponsored Links
50 / 50 i am sorry to say, it may have got caught on the heater and pop up and rip something, it may be stuck under the heater.

you could try washing a couple of odd things (expendable) but there is still no g't ee it will not pop up. In my time i have found bra wires that people lost months ago, never done any harm

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
In my time i have found bra wires that people lost months ago

Breezerman, bra wire finder extraordinaire. I bet u feel a right tit :LOL:

JayneB said:
I have an AEG 1250 Electronic washing machine, inadvertantly washed an underwire bra , only to find it came out - minus one wire! It made a 'funny' noise on its final spin, have checked the 'button' trap, run my fingers inside the rubber door seal, 'spun' the drum, and all seems ok - now, do I take the chance with another load of washing? or what?

Jayne.....No I cannot ask that question on a public forum :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If the AEG has a plastic outer drum (I think some have) you could try to locate the wire with a strong magnet and possibly move to the front in order to get to it through the drum seal.

I had a similar problem years ago, cant remember the make of machine but it had a galvanised steel outer drum. The wire punched a series of small holes through the outer drum - this would have written the machine off I suspect, but being tight/broke I just welded up the holes. The machine made a few odd noises afterwards as the oddments of mig wire got caught up every so often. There were also occassional rust marks on clothes if I didn't empty the machine straight after washing.

Basically, if you can't get the wire out, there is a risk that your machine could go the same way - flooded kitchen, written off washing machine, big bill.

Good luck. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back