Bracket for countertop wash basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to source a suitable shelf bracket to support a countertop wash basin.

The countertop will be made from ply, lined on top with with knauf aquapanel, and then mosaic tiles etc. The single wash basin will be on top of this countertop. Counter top will be approx 900x500mm.

Just finding it difficult sourcing a suitable bracket.

Hopefully someone can reccommend. Also if have any other ideas regarding creating a countertop.

Sponsored Links
Make something up with "Uni-strut" the wall part of the bracket can be cut into the wall and tiled/plastered over. The horizontal part can be lost into the thickness of the countertop.

Jason

i've bought a countertop and cupboard underneath instead. But now need to work out how to secure the vessel type basin to the worktop? any ideas? Also i have to get a unslotted popup waste thats long enough to go through worktop which 38mm. Not sure how to secure and fix everything. Can anyone advise?

Frankly as it was 19 days before you could be bothered to reply I hope nobody helps you this time. :evil:

Sponsored Links
But now need to work out how to secure the vessel type basin to the worktop? any ideas? Also i have to get a unslotted popup waste thats long enough to go through worktop which 38mm. Not sure how to secure and fix everything. Can anyone advise?

Why not ask where you bought the basin, they will know how its fixed and should be able to sell you an extended waste. There are several options for fixing but will depend on the basin. If you got the basin cheap of e-bay or the like then thats the price you pay.

J

Use an extended waste with one backnut to seal waste to basin then another backnut under the worktop to hold the basin down, may have to recess the first backnut into the countertop.

Bead of silicon around basin onve its fixed.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back