Uninterested parties

D

dextrous

One thing that irritates me is the occasional op who posts a question but then doesn't return to it to view the answer or indicate that (s)he has read it. Blooming rude. It would be nice if we could flag these posters up as time wasters who are not welcome on the forum and that they are emailed with words to that effect.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have an idea

When a new member signs up, turn on email notification compulsorily for the first 5-10 posts they make. This would remind them of the very fact they've posted here (i suspect some forget). And it would encourage them to ask again in the future when they see the quality of replies they get (some exceptions :LOL: )

I have an idea

When a new member signs up, turn on email notification compulsorily for the first 5-10 posts they make. This would remind them of the very fact they've posted here (i suspect some forget). And it would encourage them to ask again in the future when they see the quality of replies they get (some exceptions :LOL: )

Yes,, why not. ;)

Compulsory emails for newbies is a good idea, but at the end of the day its just common politeness.
(Though sometimes it seems its not that common, :( )

It's not a bad idea, not sure compulsory email notification, but it certainly could be ticked by default for new users.

Even more infuriating is when you spend time going into increasing detail over several posts & then they just disappear when they’ve got all they wanted; sometimes I think they see the Forum as some sort of information call centre. :rolleyes:

They could be multi-posters, who ask exactly the same question on several forums and then sit back to see which one answers first. The rest then get forgotten.

Sponsored Links
Back