Branch on open vented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise what the little copper cylinder is in the photo. It is obviously a branch of some sort but I don't know if there is anything special about it. I am just about to solve a gunged up header tank and thought I should probably know more about this just in case. The 22mm pipe is the vent (left) and the 15mm is the cold feed from the header.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It is in fact an aerjec or airsep these are made by several companies Myson being one. They do in fact allow air to exit the system via the expansion pipe, but their main function is to provide a nuetral pressure point within the system so that the pump always has the same pressure in front of it and behind it. thereby preventing pumping over (up the vent) or sucking down (air entering the system via the vent) when the pump starts up.

Sponsored Links
as has been said its an air sep or as it is also known sludge collector

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back