Branching flow and return pipes from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm preparing radiator pipe runs in readiness for a Worcester Bosch 30CDI boiler. The boiler will be sited downstairs with 22mm flow and return pipes heading upwards to the ceiling joists (as the ground floor is solid concrete).

However, it would also be very convenient to branch downwards from the boiler to supply a single story annex that is being converted into a kitchen.

My question is:
Can I branch my feed and return pipes as they come straight out the back of the boiler from the 'pre-plumbing manifold', or is there a minimum distance from the boiler before you can start branching pipwork?

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a crisis on mine"

Sponsored Links
Insulating and getting air out seems the biggest problem.

The underfloor heating needs to be a separate zone, if it give you a clue.

Which CDi are you having installed.

Thanks, but the question I'm asking is can I branch feed and return pipes straight out the back of a 30CDI boiler (one branch going up to a loop of radiators and one branch going down to another loop)?

Or, should there be a minimum length of piping from the boiler before you branch off to 2 loops?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back