Brand new member needs some help on my Alpher CD32 boiler..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ..
I need some advise on my boiler ,,i think the diverter Valve is sticking and the water has just started to go hot and cold could this be the thermistor...where is the thermistor on this boiler i have not got a clue :?:
There arte no flashing lights lights to say there is a fault
If so where wold be the best place and cheapest to buy the parts ...
Regatds jim

Sponsored Links
All this has been discussed in detail so many times on this forum and can easily be searched and read.

If you dont want to bother then you would be better calling a boiler engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Water going hot then cold on a combi can be many things, but the first thing to suspect is the plate heat exchanger. It will require removal to check for blockages. A decent boiler man will be able to do this for you, but be prepared for the cost of any parts for Alphas. If you are confident and can work safely it can be diyed as its not gas related. New seals are required if you are removing water carrying parts. Consult your manual.

This is not one of the easiest boilers for anyone to work on.

If you would only spend a little time reading about the possibilities you would save yourself time and the risk of guessing and getting it wrong.

Tony

Tony, there's a guy over on Ultimatehandyman looking for a boiler repair in Harrow. I wasn't sure if you cover that area??

matty very good, a smaller version in some ways of this forum but it offers other things as well.
whenever i struggle for some MIs it alwaysseems to be on ultimate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back