Brand New mixer bath tap. Very slow hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just had a new bathroom suite fitted and the bath came with very nice mixer shower tap exactly the same as the one in the link below......

http://www.onlinebathrooms.com/dtype-single-lever-bath-shower-mixer-p-5697.html

For some inexplicable reason the hot water comes out of this new tap at a very slow rate. It was fine before with the old mixer tap. It never came out in torrents as the cylinder is on the same floor but it was adequate. it is probably worth noting that the cold comes out at about the same rate it used to.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and perhaps found a solution?
Could it be the mesh filter on the end of the tap that's slowing it up?
Is it perhaps a problem with the tap itself?
Or perhaps the tap can be adjusted as it is a very small amount of movement between off and on so to speak?

The plumber has used 22 mm pipe and fittings all round so that shouldn't be the problem. To be honest he dosen't understand it either!

Many thanks in advance of your kind advice,

Andy.

Sponsored Links
From the link you gave - "Requires 1 Bar pressure minimum". This equates to about 10m in height from tap to storage cistern, which you are probably not going to have in a domestic situation.

Sounds like the wrong choice of tap :(

Yup. Cylinder plus high pressure tap doesn't work. Take it back and get a different one. Or fit a pump, but that is just a bizarre bodge!

maybe they don't have taps like that in Poland?

Sponsored Links
Dear God! I've only gone and removed the bloody mesh filter thingy and it has speeded up the flow measurably!!! ARGH!!! If I'd done that in the first bloody place I may have saved myself the money and the bother.

Anyone want to buy some taps?

The flow better get even faster with the new ones! LOL :rolleyes:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back