Brand new Premier 48 - trying to connect SmartCom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above....kinda moved on a stage from my installation thread. Ive got an installers code, ive got a code from the panel for the SmartApp - logged into the app (account setup), created the site, added the installers code - im at the point where it wants the "Panel User Code" - no matter what i put in there, it doesnt like - whereabouts is this set? (or where do i get it from if it already is)?

Oh - firmware is on the latest version as well. Not sure if its possible but would my 2nd hand SmartCom need a firmware update...or can it be updated? Edit - looks like it can but i cant get logged in...chicken and egg situation...?

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I did try that "5678" but that didnt work...i did set the master in Wintex and send it over but that didnt work either? could it be the SmartCom firmware is maybe out of date/too far behind the new panel?

Can i use the engineer code or must it specifically be the master code?
In WinTex is there some sort of permission option to allow the smartcom connection in the user account?

Or do i have to open a port on my router? ( i suspect not as a code is being generated/assume its made a connection to Texecom ? )

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well, just to summarize this ive got to the end...(of this thread)! I spoke to a lad this afternoon at Texecom and he was incredibly helpful (and has been over the last month) hes always replied to my emails - so the reason i couldnt get it with my app but he could so could have been my phone...im not sure...anyway - he inititally got in, then i got in [through the app] assigned the devices and created the rooms, then flashed the firmware on the smartcom [so thats good now]. One thing i did get wrong (why i didnt get my installer number) is in the creation account notes down the bottom i just said i was an end user so i got an end user account....made another one using a different email address and requested an installer account. Ill open another thread with the next stage of my journey....thanks to you guys that helped me on this thread - its been a really good learning experience...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back