Texecom Connect SmartCom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Premier 48 panel running V8.16 and was looking to install a SmartCom. The instructions only mention Premier Elite panels so my question is am I able to update the firmware on the panel or will I have to replace it with a new Elite panel to be able to get it to work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I thought that might be the case, there's an extra cost!

So if I replace my panel will I have to re-programme the entire system or will I be able to send the programming data that is saved within the Wintex profile?

Sponsored Links
As sparky said re-program, Wintex won’t allow you to send premier data to an elite panel it’s conflicting.

Whilst it can be done its highly problematic and not worth the hassle

The best solution is to have two instances of wintex open, one for the old panel and one for the new one and copy and paste text across and copy settings where appropriate.

To be honest needs to be a fair few zones to make it worth ones while.

Many thanks for all of the suggestions, for some reason I didn't get any email notifications!

One further thought, is there a way to stop the sounder from activating when I disconnect the panel without having to remove the sounder cover and it's battery?

engineer utils, bell test, yes, omit should come up with bell disabled.

also the battery method will work, there are circumstances where connecting the battery isn't practical/safe (short cables and battery above your head where working). to be fair if you pull the power you will find out if the battery was switched on or not in the bell box often find there are switched off due to jumper not being moved.

That's great, thanks both I've got 2 options to try when when I get around to it

Hopefully this will be the last question, having to change the panel has raised a few!

I've currently got what I presume is Premier 8XP (given the panel is a Premier 48) with 5 hardwired zones (Photo attached for info). Will this expander be compatible with a Premier Elite panel or is this another item I'm going to have to change?

Attachments

• 20220218_131850.jpg
    20220218_131850.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 63

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back