Brass and Copper Cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We all know that Brass/Copper cleaning is a Pian in the Bum, but it has to be done.
The secret is to do it regularly, but it is still a pain.
I use a propriatory product which works OK.
Now another solution to this task is to apply Laquer to the brass or copper after cleaning. Manufacturers of Brass and Copper 'thingies' must spray the object with laquer as the finished products are flawless.
I have purchased bottles of laquer and brushed it onto the Brass/Copper after cleaning but the consistency of the laquer is such that brush marks are unavoidable, at least unavoidable by me.
I suspect the answer is to use an aerosol laquer but I have not been able to source such a product and I have looked for several years. Maybe laquer is not suitable for aerosol application.
Any Ideas anyone.

Sponsored Links
You can use clear acrylic spray from Halfords or a motor factors. It's the stuff that makes your car shiney.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Joe-90 and RF Lighting - I have rather restricted my searches for a Laquer spray but I think your ideas are certainly woth a try.
Thank again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back