Breast is not feature help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking at re decorating our living room :) but unsure what to do and where.

we have a chimney breast but its the main 3m wall (flat) that is the feature with tv on and cabinet below and above. I wanted to wallpaper the tv wall (currently painted but has lots of hairline cracks :( ) but that then leaves us undecided what to paint / paper across the breast and alcove wall. The alcoves are currently papered.

The mrs says it would look odd with same paper on the breast as the main wall.
IMG_2063.JPG

Sponsored Links
Paper feature wall and paint alcoves same as rest of room but then paint a different colour on chimney breast ?

All to compliment the paper scheme ?

Paper feature wall and paint alcoves same as rest of room but then paint a different colour on chimney breast ?

All to compliment the paper scheme ?

That was my idea but her in doors says it may look odd as well... she's not very adventurous when it comes to decorating lol

Sponsored Links
not sure why your asking :D
why please several people on the forum and upset the misses:rolleyes:
why not go to the houses off freinds family and neighbours and see what they have done and what looks good and what pleases the misses:confused:

Last edited:
As you know most people use either the breast to mount a tv at a stupid height or stick it in a corner in one of the alcoves and thats about 99% of the friends etc I know ;)

some times its good to see if others have a different spin on thins :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back