Breathable sealing for an external solid brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an old victorian house with solid (no cavity) external brick walls on 3 sides of the house. Ive noticed that when weather is wet the house is generally colder (even when compared to when snow has settled!). Ive put this down to water soaking into he external brick and having a general cooling effect. I dont want to make any visible changes to the outside walls and adding internal insulation would make the tiny rooms even more claustrophobic so bearing this in mind can anyone help with the following:

-Would the use of a breathable brick sealer be an option or would it cause problems (currently there are no damp or mould/condensation issues)

-Has anyone used Kingfisher Super Seal which is some form of Polyoxoaluminium Stearate based product. Ive purchased wood protecting products from Kingfisher which have turned out to be excellent but im not confident about messing with walls as i dont want to apply something that could be wrong and then not be removable.

Any advice welcome. :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back