Brexit: Michael Gove says UK voters can change final deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like Saudi/Egypt/West Bank/Russia, but like Sweden or Switzerland. See my previous post.

We could ignore the referendum and we would still be a democratic country. To have an option on remaining in a future vote would in no way make us less democratic.

Chris Patten.

“I think referendums are awful. The late and great Julian Critchley used to say that, not very surprisingly, they were the favourite form of plebiscitary democracy of Mussolini and Hitler. They undermine Westminster. What they ensure, as we saw in the last election, is if you have a referendum on an issue politicians during an election campaign say oh we’re not going to talk about that, we don’t need to talk about that, that’s all for the referendum. So during the last election campaign the euro was hardly debated. I think referendums are fundamentally anti-democratic in our system and I wouldn’t have anything to do with them. On the whole, governments only concede them when governments are weak.”

Sponsored Links
Squirming again, in a vain attempt to justify your silly comments

Thats exactly what Wannabe is doing.

I never said migrants caused the issues, you keep going round circles trying to misrepresent what I said.

When arr you going to provide a straight answer instead of squirming?

Leave "Him(agin)" alone, lest he throws off this current identity, and reappears with a new one;)
I thought he was banned for some undisclosed reason.
upload_2017-12-14_10-24-0.png

I never said migrants caused the issues, you keep going round circles trying to misrepresent what I said.
It sure looked like it.
You misrepresented, indeed misquoted, the IMF comment.
What gets forgotten is that immigration causes issues for the exit country as well as the destination country:
Why not take more care when you are quoting others and present their comment in its entirety and accurately. Then you would not leave yourself open to such criticism.

Sponsored Links
It sure looked like it.
You misrepresented, indeed misquoted, the IMF comment.

Why not take more care when you are quoting others and present their comment in its entirety and accurately. Then you would not leave yourself open to such criticism.

What I wrote did not have quotation marks around it, therefore It did not represent a quote and cannot said to be misrepresented or misquoted.

I would suggest you should take more care before launching into a critical response to a post.

You have assumed that I blame migrants for issues in this country, which I do not at all and have never suggested as such in this forum.

Free movement of people in theory is a great idea, but the high movement of people from poor to wealthy economies has and does cause issues.

What I wrote did not have quotation marks around it, therefore It did not represent a quote and cannot said to be misrepresented or misquoted.

I would suggest you should take more care before launching into a critical response to a post.

You have assumed that I blame migrants for issues in this country, which I do not at all and have never suggested as such in this forum.

Free movement of people in theory is a great idea, but the high movement of people from poor to wealthy economies has and does cause issues.
Why not add who is responsible, in your opinion, for those issues being a problem, just to clarify, and leave no doubt in the readers mind.
Or do you prefer to intimate that it is the fault of migrants, by misrepresenting respected authorities' comments, rather than leaving yourself open to accusations of hating foreigners?
But you are getting there, slowly. Even if it has to extracted from you.

It ought to have been transparently obvious to any government what 'issues' high levels of immigration can create. yet successive governments refuse to, or abstain from preparing for that immigration.
Maybe they are content to allow division to fester in society. Division created and encouraged by right-wing rhetoric.

Additionally, you concentrate on the migration of poor people. Migration is for anyone, not just the poor.

every thing he says is based on assumptions :) he assumed that no one would notice that he is him again :)

blimey he could have got a job with MI5 as an under cover operative :LOL:

Why not add who is responsible, in your opinion, for those issues being a problem, just to clarify, and leave no doubt in the readers mind.
Or do you prefer to intimate that it is the fault of migrants, by misrepresenting respected authorities' comments, rather than leaving yourself open to accusations of hating foreigners?
But you are getting there, slowly. Even if it has to extracted from you.

It ought to have been transparently obvious to any government what 'issues' high levels of immigration can create. yet successive governments refuse to, or abstain from preparing for that immigration.
Maybe they are content to allow division to fester in society. Division created and encouraged by right-wing rhetoric.

Additionally, you concentrate on the migration of poor people. Migration is for anyone, not just the poor.

You think you are being clever by trying to wriggle every which way to out of accepting you are wrong. Sadly at the end of the day you are just lying to yourself.

Perhaps you might want to come clean and explain why a load of posts got deleted for being 'off topic' Or are you claiming Transom did it?

Regarding your post above -I made a 1 line post with a linked quote. If it wasnt clear enough, you could have asked to clarify, but you chose to start point scoring instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back