Brexit: Michael Gove says UK voters can change final deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phrase "it is reported" is journalist speak for "I've heard that" - a non-attributable source usually expressing an opinion rather than fact.

Do you prefer the Torygraph?

Over the Express as a source of information, yes. In general as, a slource of information, no.

Out of interest, if the Labour party has been elected, how do you think the Brexit 'negotiations' would have been going?

Sponsored Links
Don't know. There is very little balanced media coverage, except in a pre-election period when the major broadcasters are forced to give equal airtime to the contenders. For some reason this was the period when Labour support swelled unexpectedly.

Lying politician currying favour among their supporters by circulating false anti-EU stories is I think very much a Con practice, though.

There is very little balanced media coverage

The problem with a balanced media outlet is that nobody listens to it, people seem to need to have their views reinforced rather than being asked to make their own decisions.

Lying politician currying favour among their supporters

Well on that point I think we can agree! (Apologies for the selective quote!)

Although if you look back at the anti-EU/EEC stories over the years I'd bet that all of the tabloids used them as a staple.

What does surprise me is Corbyn's ability to stay out of the flak given his clear track record of an anti-EU/EEC stance - he voted against the Maastrict treaty (the start of the EU) & likewise he voted against the Lisbon Treaty and has consistently expressed negative views about the organisation.

What does surprise me is Corbyn's ability to stay out of the flak given his clear track record of an anti-EU/EEC stance - he voted against the Maastrict treaty (the start of the EU) & likewise he voted against the Lisbon Treaty and has consistently expressed negative views about the organisation.

Jeremy Corbyn has always been anti establishment so its no surprise he is not a fan of the EU.

Sponsored Links
Jeremy Corbyn has always been anti establishment so its no surprise he is not a fan of the EU.

I'm not suprised that he's not a fan - I'm surprised that he manages to keep a low profile and stay out of the current ****storm.

Theresa May is a Remainer but was willing to swallow her principles for the chance of a temporary job in no. 10

Every past UK Prime Minister who is alive is in favour of UK remaining in the EU.

Despite her pro-membership views, Theresa was willing to score cheap points with her elderly supporters by telling a false anti-EU story about Expulsion and cat ownership in her 2011 conference speech. As Home Secretary there can be no doubt she was aware of the truth, and her deliberate departure from it.

Brexit has brought the most despicable, the most dishonest and the least trustworthy people and politicians to the fore.
Brexit is like a festering pile of schitt. Perfect fodder for the RWR.(y)

More ball cocks from the nasty hate filled LWR remoaner, who was advocating a no deal "just walk away " said Noseall on several occasions. :LOL:

horrible bloke ;)

I genuinely don't think that anybody voting either leave or remain knew what they were voting for
I think Remoaners knew as they were voting for status quo.

Quitters on the other hand still don't know what they will end up with but were promised the impossible.

I think Remoaners knew as they were voting for status quo.

Quitters on the other hand still don't know what they will end up with but were promised the impossible.
That's why Leave winning still beggars belief, given that the die was so heavily weighted towards Remain.

That's why Leave winning still beggars belief

Europhiles had nothing but contempt for anyone who voiced real concerns about immigration. And still do.
So brexit was exactly what the remoaners deserved.

Do you reckon Brexit will ever happen Rog? Because the flavour of Brexit being thrust upon us 'aint no real Brexit at all. It's the worst of both worlds for Quitters. Have you not seen the news lately Rog?

Europhiles had nothing but contempt for anyone who voiced real concerns about immigration. And still do.

What gets forgotten is that immigration causes issues for the exit country as well as the destination country:

While settlers in Eastern European countries have contributed to the wealth of other EU nations, says the International Monetary Fund, their departure in droves since the fall of Communism has held back growth and slowed the rise of living standards in their home countries.

Over the past 25 years, almost 20 million mostly young and skilled workers have left Eastern Europe to seek better opportunities abroad.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/09/free-movement-of-people-explainer/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back