Brexit: Michael Gove says UK voters can change final deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a vote is undemocratic?

You're just scared of a vote because Brexit has turned out to be such an omnishambles.

View attachment 132609

so the purpose of a 2nd vote is because u want to over turn the 1st democratic vote :LOL: straight out of the EU democracy rule book :LOL:

keep having a vote until u get the answer u want :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Having a vote is undemocratic?

Why would you want another one for?
OOh yes silly me..I nearly forgot , so you can get the chance to vote remain.
Then lets have another one after that so we can vote leave.

Best of three?

Or how about one that is respected by politicians as being advisory and not compulsory, going against their better informed opinion.

Or even one discussed in honest and truthful terms, not one fought along lines of ideology and bigotry.

Sponsored Links
pointless having a referendum then.
Almost.
But they are a good way of gauging public opinion. But they are still advisory, and only imbeciles would consider a tiny majority as a mandate to interpret the particular brand of ideology, even though none of the details were presented during the referendum campaign.

Another issue: hanging. If a referendum was conducted it is assumed that the population would vote for the return of capital punishment. That is why there is no referendum!

Of over a million..........Mmm tiny majority.... NOT!

Anyway that ship has sailed now, so get over it
Percentage wise, a tiny majority, especially given the magnitude of change that will incur. A change that will affect more people who were deemed ineligible to vote, than the million majority.

Will the economy ever "get over it"?
A recent report from USA suggest not.
Nearly all the possible trading relationships between Britain and the European Union following Brexit would be less favourable than staying in the European Union, according to an influential US think tank.

The Rand Corporation study said the worst option would be a "no deal".

That would leave the UK economy 4.9% poorer by 2029.

"No deal" would also have a negative effect on the EU economy, but it would be "relatively minor".

The report said that even a "soft Brexit" involving staying in the free market would not be as positive economically as staying in the EU.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42315280

We have established that the migrants are not responsible for the "issues" created. But notch is ideologically unable to bring himself to recognise that.
He continues to intimate that it is the fault of migrants, by suggesting that they create issues.
He uses immigration to highlight "issues created" in the destination country as well as those created in the country of origin.
If he was honest about his intentions, he would have used the word "emigration", not "immigration".
An example of notch's dishonesty, squirming or backpedaling?

You dont understand the difference between the word migrant and immigration then?

I said 'immigration causes issues'

you are ranting on claiming I said it was the fault of migrants. I did not say that -you made it up what a complete Numpty! :)

You dont understand the difference between the word migrant and immigration then?

you are ranting on claiming I said it was the fault of migrants. I did not say that -you made it up what a complete Numpty! :)
You said immigration causes issues in the country of destination!
Then you claim that you were really talking about emigration!
Now you are claiming that migrants are not the ones immigrating!

Why not just admit that the fault is not of that of the migrants and avoid all this squirming and backpedaling?

There should be no 2nd referendum on leaving the EU. Those calling for it wish to subvert democracy.

But then attempt to put across there BS argument that they are some how being democratic :LOL:

Remoaners , its a tough old life poke up with it or ship out imho , to some state that may better suit your democratic values

Saudi ?? Eygpt ?? West Bank ?? Russia ?? etc etc blimey we can even have a whip round & contribute to the cost of a suit case

Way R bee will get a case with wheels on :)
Not like Saudi/Egypt/West Bank/Russia, but like Sweden or Switzerland. See my previous post.

We could ignore the referendum and we would still be a democratic country. To have an option on remaining in a future vote would in no way make us less democratic.

Leave "Him(agin)" alone, lest he throws off this current identity, and reappears with a new one;)

Not like Saudi/Egypt/West Bank/Russia, but like Sweden or Switzerland. See my previous post.

We could ignore the referendum and we would still be a democratic country. To have an option on remaining in a future vote would in no way make us less democratic.

yes we could ignore it. The house of commons also has a majority of MP's who are remainers ? call a vote & vote the referendum down ??

The U.K can then continue to pontificate to the rest of the world about democracy :)

2nd referendum my advice to all those who voted brexit , stay at home don't bother taking part in the vote/ charade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back