Brexit: Michael Gove says UK voters can change final deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42291191

It does seem, though, that this is a ruse to get people to accept a deal, any deal, and make people shut up about how bad it is.

He intends that the only options will be "Hard Brexit" or "Softer Brexit." He does not intend that anyone will get the chance to vote "Abandon Brexit."

Pob2.jpg

Michael Gove

It is reported that Theresa has not allowed the Cabinet to decide what sort of Brexit they want, because the Hards, Softs and Remainers cannot agree. This is why the UK is vacillating aimlessly. It can't say what it wants because it hasn't decided. Pob Gove is trying to patch over our government's failure. The EU27 dread an attempt by Buffoon to seize power because UK's negotiating stance might get upended and the ten-year period for sorting out this shambles would start again from the beginning.

Sponsored Links
Brexit has brought the most despicable, the most dishonest and the least trustworthy people and politicians to the fore.
Brexit is like a festering pile of schitt. Perfect fodder for the RWR.(y)

Brexit has brought the most despicable, the most dishonest and the least trustworthy people and politicians to the fore.(y)

That's why we voted Brexit; to escape the Eu commissioners, bureaucrats and other assorted, unelected Euro hangers on that you have just described. Couldn't have described them better myself.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It does seem, though, that this is a ruse to get people to accept a deal, any deal, and make people shut up about how bad it is.

Who sees this as a ruse?

He does not intend that anyone will get the chance to vote "Abandon Brexit.

That's (as I understand it) the way democracy works - vote for it and stick with it. Perhaps elections should be re-run if the party some people wanted doesn't get into power?

It is reported that Theresa has not allowed the Cabinet to decide what sort of Brexit they want

And who has reported this?
The EU27 dread an attempt by Buffoon to seize power

Says who?

Problem with Brexit is the people running it didn't want to leave in the first place.

It's been a complete shambles from the start.

Looking at how the EU have treated it all and how they've dug their heals in shows what they really think of the UK (not a lot by the look of it..).

We need to grow a pair and not bend over backwards chucking money out left right and centre..

you think David Davis is a remainer?

He's not. He's just incompetent.

And now you're complaining that the EU put the interests of their members first?

selective editing!
I see you've failed to look at the link, from which I copied the headline verbatim.

Seemingly you think people who agree to something without knowing what it is are bound to continue when they find its a total shambles, and not what they were told by the salesmen.

Demos.jpg

I was referring to your selective editing/quoting of my post

And still no answers?

"It is reported that Theresa has not allowed the Cabinet to decide what sort of Brexit they want"

Surely you've noticed that the Cabinet is a ramshackle mob of hard quitters, soft quitters, and remainers?
Have you ever seen a government statement defining what sort of brexit they want?

"End of hard Brexit? Theresa May orders Cabinet to come up with plan – and 15 voted Remain"
says the pro-tory pro-brexit Express
"The Prime Minister has set aside December 19 for long-delayed Cabinet talks on what the UK's future relationship with the EU should look like."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...ics-Boris-Johnson-David-Davis-Liam-Fox-Remain
"THERESA May has ordered her Cabinet ministers to set out their visions for Brexit, even though most voted to stay in the EU."
"But the number of Remainers in top Government jobs has sparked fears the UK could persue a soft
Brexit."

"Mr Hammond shocked MPs this week by revealing the Cabinet had not yet held specific talks on the future relationship – 18 months after the referendum.
He told the Treasury select committee: "The cabinet has had general discussions about our Brexit negotiations, but we haven't had a specific mandating of an end-state position."

They haven't even had the discussion yet, never mind come up with a decision.
How many months is it now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09hnwhk
Start at 03.00
Especially 04.40 to 09.40

Are you a Brexiteer?
Do you want the Norway Option?
Is that what you thought you were voting for?

Why didn't you say so sooner?

"It is reported that Theresa has not allowed the Cabinet to decide what sort of Brexit they want"

By who and where?

Surely you've noticed that the Cabinet is a ramshackle mob of hard quitters, soft quitters, and remainers?

I've noticed that most of our politicians of any denomination not to mention the British population fall into that description

Are you a Brexiteer?

None of your business

Do you want the Norway Option?

No

Is that what you thought you were voting for?

I genuinely don't think that anybody voting either leave or remain knew what they were voting for. Much the same as the original vote in 1975 (a vote to join the EEC NOT the EU)

By who and where?

you mean you haven't looked at the Express link, or listened to the politicians on the BBC link. I've heard it mentioned widely, but these were the first few links I found.

Do you prefer the Torygraph?

"Boris Johnson and Michael Gove lead Cabinet revolt against Theresa May over fears she is forcing a soft Brexit"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sa-may-warned-will-face-leadership-challenge/
"Theresa May is facing a Cabinet revolt after Brexiteers led by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove expressed “genuine fear” the Prime Minister is trying to force through a soft Brexit.

Mrs May was accused of trying to “bounce” the Cabinet into agreeing to “regulatory alignment” between Ulster and Ireland after it emerged she did not brief senior ministers before talks in Brussels on Monday that stalled over the controversial issue."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back