Brexit red tape hits UK manufacturing of goods from cars to fridges

½¹²³⅘⁶⁷⁸⁹⁰

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
PMSL...

How do you 'import' that 'foreign labour' without freedom of movement and given the wage limits/restrictions imposed?

Brexiteers sure are thick as sh*t!

For the past ten years or more, despite economic growth and productivity gains, wages have been stagnant and not increased in real terms.

Couldn't that be because they haven't had to put up wages because of the abundance of Labour through free movement...... There's always someone willing to fill that gap and do it cheaper

UK HGV drivers must share the blame -get rid of unions, thats what you get: minimum wage for a professional job.

I see wage rates for HGVs have been around £11 an hour -thats an insult for unsociable hours and a skilled job.

the HGV driver crisis has been fermenting for over a decade, I would agree the root cause is not brexit, but brexit is entirely the cause of this immediate crisis.

The next thing is brexers will blame EU drivers for low wages in the industry -by the same people that vote for the Tory party, which are the cause of wage stagnation.

You seem to be arguing with yourself...

Possibly, but you'd have to admit you've spent the last two years claiming foreign workers haven't driven down wages is a complete lie and fabrication.
Are you prepared to do that?
You mean people like Bozza and co?
Didn't know they were foreign? Good old Tories and wage stagnation. I hear inflation could be as much as 6% soon. Oh joy.

Brexit - what a pile of poo.

Sponsored Links
I a guy through social media that owns a haulage business in Europe
Funny thing that, knowing people on social media. Someone I know of through social media tells anybody that will listen on a DIY forum he frequents that he's an international mover and shaker who rubs shoulders with world famous musicians, pays more tax than the average person earns, has a £950k pension pot (and rising) and that there isn’t anything he doesn’t know about world politics and international finance. Modesty is his middle name……..

Last edited:
Funny thing that, knowing people on social media. Someone I know of through social media tells anybody that will listen on a DIY forum he frequents that he's an international mover and shaker who rubs shoulders with world famous musicians, pays more tax than the average person earns, has a £950k pension pot (and rising) and that there isn’t anything he doesn’t know about world politics and international finance. Modesty is his middle name……..[/

well I don’t like to blow my own trumpet :cool:
although I did work for Joan Armatradings next door neighbour :cool:

And help Kate Omara measure up for new curtains :cool:

Couldn't that be because they haven't had to put up wages because of the abundance of Labour through free movement...... There's always someone willing to fill that gap and do it cheaper

but immigration doesn’t lower wages….apart from overpaid plumbers

No, the effect of immigrant workers has not held wages down.

You need to look nearer home.

Who sets labour laws, worker protection, minimum wage, working hours, the tax regime?

and implements laws allowing profits to be syphoned out of the country into offshore tax havens?

Any trade that has more tradesmen than the market needs will lower wages no matter where they come from. The opposite applies when there is a shortage. It’s known as the rule of supply and demand.

Any trade that has more tradesmen than the market needs will lower wages no matter where they come from. The opposite applies when there is a shortage. It’s known as the rule of supply and demand.

There are lots and lots of people who want to be MPs. An enormous oversupply.

How much has MPs pay dropped in the last ten years?

The country has a chronic shortage of nurses.

How much has nurses pay risen in the last ten years?

The country has a chronic shortage of nurses.

How much has nurses pay risen in the last ten years?

Apples and pears. Mottie alludes to a free market. The public sector... ain't.

Not a lot I’d imagine. Doesn’t matter if there are thousands of people who want to be an MP, their numbers are strictly limited to 650. You’ll never get a glut of them. Oh, that and the fact that they vote how much they get paid…..

I've noticed my money go up this Financial year.... I think Immigration has alot to do with wages...

Out of interest why are Tesco offering £1000 for drivers to sign up with them ?

No, the effect of immigrant workers has not held wages down.

You need to look nearer home.

Who sets labour laws, worker protection, minimum wage, working hours, the tax regime?

and implements laws allowing profits to be syphoned out of the country into offshore tax havens?

John .... I get what your saying but they are two opposite ends of the scale.. Do you really believe cheap labour from Eastern Europe has no bearing on wage stagnation?

. I think Immigration has alot to do with wages...

Tory voter
you would think that

evidence says otherwise

"Empirical research on the labour market effects of immigration in the UK suggests that immigration has relatively small effects on average wages, with negative effects on low-paid workers and positive effects on high-paid workers."
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/the-labour-market-effects-of-immigration/

Ive posted the evidence many times -but you arent interested in actual facts.

And yes I do know it had an effect on some sectors of construction, mostly in the city.

Sponsored Links