Brextremists under pressure.

You've had it. You may have missed it, or you are intentionally ignoring it.
Please yourself.
No I haven't. You're lying again. You're now making yourself look like a bigger idiot Himmy, you really are.

Let me remind you, as you're having trouble.
You think (claim) that BAS doesn't understand the meaning of 'smug'.
Where did Notch claim that BAS doesn't understand the meaning of smug?

Sponsored Links
So in order to maintain fairness and consistency, would you not agree that what you have said in that post would also apply to someone who used an expression/slur about indigenous Australians?
Your link doesn't work.

No I haven't. You're lying again.
upload_2019-3-8_11-20-5.png

Suit yourself.
Enter into a discussion about whether it meets your criteria by all means, but a simple claim that I haven't provided it and that I am lying is nonsense.

So you're still lying. Contrary to your belief, saying even more stuff that isn't true doesn't provide me with evidence that Notch claimed that BAS didn't understand the word smug. It really is that simple. Find where he claimed such a thing, repost it. Argument over.

Sponsored Links
So in order to maintain fairness and consistency, would you not agree that what you have said in that post would also apply to someone who used an expression/slur about indigenous Australians?
No, the phrase I used is commonplace in this country. An abbreviation of the full word, but apparently is rascist and I apologised.

not sure what point you are making.

I see Amber Rudd has been criticised for using the phrase 'coloured lady'

Why are you making stuff up again? You really DO have trouble with understanding the written word.
So you're still lying. Contrary to your belief, saying even more stuff that isn't true doesn't provide me with evidence that Notch claimed that BAS didn't understand the word smug. It really is that simple. Find where he claimed such a thing, repost it. Argument over.
Your responses are reduced to a series of insults and abuse.
There is no point in continuing a discussion with someone who simply resorts to such behaviour.

Your responses are reduced to a series of insults and abuse.
There is no point in continuing a discussion with someone who simply resorts to such behaviour.
That's because you've been backed into a corner. You're very childish, throwing your toys out the pram, rather than admit Notch said no such thing.

I think it's best you stop discussing things you clearly don't understand. Stops you looking like a numpty.

There is no point in continuing a discussion

jasonzyx says:
'there is no point in continuing a discussion where Ive lost the argument, so I will say the other person has resorted to insults'.

jasonzyx says:
'there is no point in continuing a discussion where Ive lost the argument, so I will say the other person has resorted to insults'.
Which happens every single time.
Childish.

himmy.jpg

By the way, I love your hypocritical nature. You highlight my post about understanding the written word as abuse, and yet you said the exact same thing to Notch a few posts before. I think your yardstick in which to measure abuse is a bit faulty. It seems to only measure insults against you, not all the ones you dish out. :LOL:
Evidently notch is having trouble understanding words and their meanings as usual.

You mean the phrase 'fellow traveller' that you love to quote.
That would be one.

I've also had problems over using "febrile", "nebulous" & "incontrovertible".

You have been told it is not a phrase in common parlance in the UK. Indeed it is an American expression.
You'll find it used in British newspapers.

You'll find it defined in British dictionaries without any reference to it being US English only.

And you'll also find that many terms which were originally or are mainly American are both understood and used here, e.g.:

"How are you?" "I'm good, thanks".

"What would you like?" "Can I get a....."

And lastly you'll find that people also know and understand American words which we don't use here, such as sidewalk.

So not surprisingly, intelligent people understand the phrase to mean a slur on travellers.
Even if that was an intelligent reaction, it cannot possibly remain so after their ignorance has been remedied.

And yet over and over again, after the meaning had been explained, I still got people accusing me of using it as a slur.

What is surprising is when a person on here who claims he is intelligent, can't grasp why he uses an expression not in use in this country.
But it is used here.

I've known it for so long I can't remember when I first heard it.

It may be less commonly used here than in the US, but it is absolutely not "not in use".

Have you considered it may be you at fault (y)
Have you considered that if I use a word or a phrase which as far as I am concerned is a perfectly normal, understandable one, part of any normal vocabulary, and that turns out not to be the case, it is not my fault that people don't know it?

Sponsored Links
Back