Brick barbecue Chimney

How wide is the internal, I am thinking take off the slab and insert an old kitchen hood and you have a ready made sloping 3 sides

Internal wall to wall is about 111 x 47cm I think you might be right and this is the way to go.

I've been trying the strip a little bit but it doesn't seem to be having enough of an influence, I think a gradual hood is needed as we discussed. Very frustrating.

Sponsored Links
Internal wall to wall is about 111 x 47cm I think you might be right and this is the way to go.

I've been trying the strip a little bit but it doesn't seem to be having enough of an influence, I think a gradual hood is needed as we discussed. Very frustrating.
That sounds a perfect fit for a 1000 wide hood and it will look good. Have a look on ebay and Facebook marketplace.

Last edited:
Most will be collection only so you may have to bide your time until a local one becomes available.
I would take off the top 3 courses of brick and relay them stepped in so that the hood sits ontop and any rain will drip off otherwise the hood wil be channelling water down the inside of your brickwork.

Sponsored Links
Im sorry but none of it seems very well thought out as looking at the no doubt useful side shelves - they look like they have created a little hole for you to squeeze in and do your BBQ magic

A still from the Pizza oven shed vid. It has much bigger void above the opening. Convection draws air in the front and out the top.

And, yes, I did genuinely get this sent from a friend recently.

You can see where they had to increase the chimney height to get it to draw.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240316-122237.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240316-122237.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 23

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back