neighbour built chimney on my garden wall

Sponsored Links
Sorry I sometimes talk in riddles ..............
Does he use the chimney or is it just for show?
Basically I was talking about an excuse for you to take out bricks from your side of the chimney so it wouldn't work as a chimney for him. Because the holes are now on your side of the chimney he would have to approach you to fill the holes.
Of course this will only work if he actually uses the chimney and you will need an excuse (to have no hard feelings) as to why you took bricks out, hence the mention of flowers pots on the wall.

People are just never satisfied and always want more. Our neighbour decided to make an entrance so he could let his gardener in to our place to cut our side of the boundary hedge, instead of using the road gate? We closed his new entrance, for security reasons and he wasn't very happy ..........

I think paying £250 for a 6 foot brick wall is an absolute bargain (we just paid thousands). I'd put up with the chimney as long as I was invited around for the occasional pizza!

I think paying £250 for a 6 foot brick wall is an absolute bargain (we just paid thousands). I'd put up with the chimney as long as I was invited around for the occasional pizza!

It was thete idea to have the wall. I would of been happy with a fence. They knew what they were planning when suggesting having a wall. They have took the pea out of us...no respect for us. They will never invite us...never have to any parties.

Everyone wr know who has seen it cant believe the cheek of it.

Sponsored Links
Would you? I'm with the OP, they probably planned it all along.

They have took the pea out of us...no respect for us.

Seriously, no.

The bit you object too is on their side.

It is not causing you any harm, or any distress other than what you create for yourself. You have decided it looks ugly, and so therefore it is 'bothering' you.

You live in an attached property, you have to learn to accept these things. There are so many things people can do in their gardens, are allowed to do, that would equally 'bother' you.

Ultimately you achieve nothing but to wind yourself and your neighbour up, for doing something he is perfectly entitled to do.

Have you actually spoken to the neighbour about you being unhappy about this, if so, what has he said. Have the two of you actually fallen out over this issue?

They have took the pea out of us...no respect for us.

Seriously, no.

The bit you object too is on their side.

It is not causing you any harm, or any distress other than what you create for yourself. You have decided it looks ugly, and so therefore it is 'bothering' you.

You live in an attached property, you have to learn to accept these things. There are so many things people can do in their gardens, are allowed to do, that would equally 'bother' you.

Ultimately you achieve nothing but to wind yourself and your neighbour up, for doing something he is perfectly entitled to do.

They are in thr wrong.....need planning permission for it. Its our wall so need permission.

But if the council enforced an action against them it will be obvious it was you and that would be worse surely than having a friendly word with them? Your options seen limited either way though.

But if the council enforced an action against them it will be obvious it was you and that would be worse surely than having a friendly word with them? Your options seen limited either way though.
The council will never enforce against this, it will not be deemed to be in the greater public's(financial) interest to pursue it.

The council will never enforce against this, it will not be deemed to be in the greater public's(financial) interest to pursue it.

The council have told thrm either apply for planning permission or remove it and that they cant sell house without plsnning permission.

So in other words they know you've "grassed them up" anyway. Not sure how that's any different from having spoken to them first and try the soft approach. They might just leave that eyesore there and take it down before they sell the house leaving you unhappy in the mean time. £250 is good value for the size of work though.

So in other words they know you've "grassed them up" anyway. Not sure how that's any different from having spoken to them first and try the soft approach. They might just leave that eyesore there and take it down before they sell the house leaving you unhappy in the mean time. £250 is good value for the size of work though.

Its all confidentual. We back onto farm land and have alot of dog walkers pass by. Could of been anyone as far as they are concerned. No proof is us. Yes they will prob leave it there until they want to move. If the wall gets hot when they use the cooker or maybe discolour the wall we will be having words with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back