1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

brick bbq location

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by ninjacat, 18 Sep 2014.

1. ninjacat

ninjacat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am thinking of building a brick bbq - are there any restrictions on location and distance to houses/ boundaries?

Many thanks

Ninjacat

2. Sponsored Links
  3. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I doubt there are any planning restrictions though I do believe you need a big chunk of common sense here.

What you have to remember is a lot of barbies are portable so you would generally cook out of any breeze and maybe somewhere where there is shelter. This could be up against the boundary fence or whatever.

I would choose my location carefully in view of the fact that it will be permanent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And consider your neighbors.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ninjacat

ninjacat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Good to hear there is nothing in the rules. And true about the portable vs fixed.

Cheers

6. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, forgot. Remember to invite them but only if they bring a bottle.

Unless they are of a restrictive religious persuasion of course because pork products and alcohol are a must at a barbie.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ennui

Ennui

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I accept that noseall's comment was light-hearted but, irrespective of their religious persuasion, I'd invite them anyway.
    It's their choice to accept/decline the invitation and/or to eat/drink or not.
    You wouldn't not invite a TT vegetarian (double negative) because of their dietary preferences, would you?

8. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Depends.
    A veggie burger would get an invite but a ranting vegan would probably not.

Similarly I would be fearful of offending someone or causing embarrassment because I only have one barbie.

9. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

10. Sponsored Links