Brick plinth for 80cm 450kg pizza oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
hi guys

I have a pizza oven waiting to go on it's plinth I just built. Just want advice if it is suitable to support the oven. Apparently it weighs approx 400-450kgs? What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 212
Sponsored Links
Should be fine. 450kg is 18 bags of sand. If you're worried, put some boards on top of it, and then get the sand (about £20), test it, then take them back afterwards. But email the oven suppliers, and see if you need a plinth on top, or whether it can straight on to the base as is. How wide is the oven, and how wide is the base.

It doesn't need a plinth. It's supposed to go straight on to bricks etc. I was going to get a bit of quartz work too to give me some workspace in front on top first then the oven. Thanks for the answer.

The base is 80cm x 80cm. That's the outside edge of the bricks exactly. So supported.

Sponsored Links
Not quite; you'd have been better of with the base underneath the walls of the oven, rather than the edges of the base. I'd have brought the base in about 8cm on either side, but as long as the base of the oven is solid, you should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of hardcore 2 tons and full morter bed that i just laid!

Good luck getting it on top! :)
Make sure you've left your walls a good week before trying to put anything ontop just to make sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back