Brick raised planter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A project that utilised a couple of metres id left from my driveway project to build ...something.

A few dry runs and few changes of mind, but finally built my raised planter over a few spare weekends.

Note: I'm not a ground worker or a bricklayer, but feel confident enough to have had a go.

A few bits to finish off and I will be coating the inner skin with a couple of coats of bitumen paint. before back filling with shingle (nearer brickwork) and soil.

I plan to then drill some weep vents through the mortar joins at low level.

Apart from sand/cement, everything was bought off eBay, i.e all the engineering bricks used for a fiver, the facing bricks for 30.00 and the coping stones for a tenner. Hence trying to make a mismatch work together with I think I have.

I have other low lying raised walls in my garden that are edged in engineering bricks so what I have built is in keeping with the rest of the property.

Comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
It looks great, thanks for posting photos. The design looks really nice and everything seems to be very neatly done for someone who's not a ground worker. Really good job!

Love this! impressive improvement and some good quality brickwork! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back