Raised brick planter bed / wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically just extended my block paved driveway and left a couple of metres spare for a wall for a brick planter.

Been toying with ideas for shape and finally agreed in the ones in the pics.

Its about 7m long. I already have raised areas in other areas of the garden that the were built at the the time the house was built and they have enginnering brick coping to the top of the (low walls).

Laid the footing and come up with the idea of a design which i think looks pleasing to the eye, in keeping with the design of existing and a nice challenge to myself.

Ive built the dwarf wall to my conservatory so thought id have a go.

Ideas on design approval welcomed, as are comments for changes.

Starts of single skinned and once the feature 45 deg are laid, the goes double skinned to allow my engineering coping course.

Only laid 2 courses of engineering so far and obviously rest is dry laid.

Planning on using my left over shingle (from old drive) to bank up on inside up to the brick face. Plan on using some weeper tube to allow drain off.

Sponsored Links
Looks impressive as a brickwork project, but some might consider it a bit OTT, with the sheer volume of brick there. I'd consider something a bit more understated perhaps.

Sponsored Links
Ill post pics when ive done it, but remember, its only single skin for the most part. Ive only gone double skin to allow my header coping in engineering to be laid to hopefully keep it similar to my existing walls.

I did pick up some buff coloured enginneering from ebay for a squid and did a dry run of that for the diagonal detail, but didn't look good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back