Brick to Brick solution ?

re: closers

IIRC, if the quarter brick is used at the ends or returns to form the bond, then it is a closer. If its used anywhere else, then its a quarter bat or brick. Don't forget beveled closers too.

Sponsored Links
It would be helpful if you actually stated something relevant and in context, so as not to confuse people who know less than you.

Is that possible?

I like the idea of continuing the cavity, just need a decent pier built and tied in, can be solid, but dont close the cavity now, no point, theres enough length on the return for bearing.

Bongo, I think your best bet is to block bond the corner, then its properly tied and secure

Are we saying block bond the inside extension wall to this corner - trouble is the bed joints are not the same level

looks as if gangman might had built it,closures quarter bats what ever you want to call them like ns said they dont go up the side of doors or windows , half bat, 3/4, its a disgusting job gangman i think you need some more lessons on a site rather than in a classroom :LOL:

Sponsored Links
looks as if gangman might had built it,closures quarter bats what ever you want to call them like ns said they dont go up the side of doors or windows , half bat, 3/4, its a disgusting job gangman i think you need some more lessons on a site rather than in a classroom :LOL:

.... trouble is the bed joints are not the same level

Then use a split block or brick/tile whatever to bring the bed joints in line.

Cut the thermalites out with a hand saw, and make sure you fill the joints in the toothing

What are you on about disgusting job ?

If a bricklayer had said that then I would be worried.

However, forgetnumptytrolls' knowledge of brickwork is only that which he has seen while he passes jobs doing his daily paper round

What are you on about disgusting job ?

was this not a forum for advice not to pick holes in my work ?
hey bongo i take it you never got no planning permission or even building regs ,because i can see fault after a fault in your work, ie no damp behind the furfix not that it does anything but you would be told to put it there mixed materials and closures up the revels,best you leave the bong alone and get advice from a expert before you venture into the world of becoming master builder like my self :LOL:

fnit ............ Bengal lancer

Yes let it be said he is NOT, repeat NOT a cowboy as others have inferred

Here he is off to work. Note the extra long Stabila for big corners (no profiles used) and the large handled Marshaltown for laying big spreads. The horse looks a bit peed off, as he has been carrying him on the straight runs all week.

54mmColonialBengal.jpg

LMFAO

You trying to bump this thread to get a reaction to that oft-posted pic?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back