Brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am planning to put a small brick wall (2 feet high and 10 feet long) as a boundary marker in my front lawn. Have few queries regarding the same:

1) For a wall of such a height, how deep would you recommend a foundation to be? Mind you, its just a single brick wall acting as a fence; won't be taking any heavy loads.

2) Will engineering bricks do just fine for the task?

3) For a 10-12 feet long brick wall, at what intervals do I need to build the piers?!

TIA for the help!!

Sponsored Links
one at either end and one in the middle ought to do.. makes it about 5-6 foot between piers then..

not a builder, but i recon 12 inches out to be fine for a foundation for a low wall..

As said, dig off fertile matter - about 18" or so and lay a 100-150mm thick foundation at 12" wide.

You don't actually need any piers for this, but one at each end would offer greater stability if the ends are likely to be knocked. You don't need any intermediate ones

Engineers will be fine.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, all, for your help. I will sleep over it and get back with questions, if any. TA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back