Bricking up under bay window?

12 Oct 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I think I may be a little confused here :confused: but under our 2nd floor bay window there is on the outside UPVC cladding , insulating wool in the middle and then plasterboard on the inside.

All but 2 of the other houses in this big terrace have had the cladding removed and it’s been bricked up and rendered. As this room is so much colder than all the others in the winter we were thinking about getting the same thing done. Does this count as a cavity wall insulation and is there a common name for this process?
Sponsored Links
Its done with timber and cladding to reduce the weight sitting on the window bay below, you may find the other houses have not been bricked then rendered more likely ply wood then render, adding more insulation would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links