Bricks under DPC always damp..

I

imamartian

I have noticed for a while now, that on a certain part of my house, the bricks under the dpc remain wet, whatever the weather.... should i be worried?

it happens between the front door, and the corner of the house, but the bit between the front door and the other corner gets wet and dries with the weather.

Sponsored Links
If in a sheltered location it will stay damp. As long as it's below the dpc as you say then not a problem.

Is this an area that water can puddle and does the land around the house fall into this area, any guttering or drain pipes around the spot, that are damaged?
Normally it would be an area where water may lie and porous bricks, but sounds like the DPC is doing it's job.

thanks gents. It is under an overhanging bay window, plus, it is at the bottom of a steep(ish) drive that we've just had block paved - although i haven't seen pools of water.

i just worried that constantly wet brick would start to crumble?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back