Bricks under topsoil to level up garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there this is my first post but I've had lots of useful information from reading the forum.

I've just dismantled a garage that was part below ground level in the garden as having a new one built on the side of the house. I've also demolished a conservatory and have the dwarf wall bricks left over.

My question is could I lay the bricks down on the old concrete garage base and then top soil over to level up with the rest of the garden?

My plan is around 300 - 400mm topsoil on top of the bricks and rubble then turn over.

I've added a picture to hopefully give an idea of what I mean.
My thinking is as it won't be solid will offer drainage and then the top soil will be deep enough. For anything to grow. I could be way off the mark though. Thanks in advance

IMG20221103093835.jpg

Sponsored Links
The thousands of people brought to despair trying to remove builders rubble buried in their gardens.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks so to build the level up what would you suggest? Use the spoil from the foundation do maybe? The. Top up with top soil?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back