Bristan Mixer Shower Temperature

ckp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Newbie/non-plumber here, so please be easy on me.

I have a "bristan revelation" mixer shower - I can't find instructions or specs for this model anywhere on the internet, so I'm including pictures hoping someone recognizes it.

Problem: very recently, at its hottest setting, only warm water comes out of the shower, despite hot water entering the mixer unit. Nothing else has changed recently. One year ago I had a similar problem and a plumber fixed it in about 2 minutes, but I'm not sure what he did.

I've taken off the cover to expose the front screw - in most units there would be a maximum temperature adjustment inside of here, but there doesn't appear to be any allen key or screwdriver socket inside of the front screw.

Question: on this unit, where is the max temp adjustment and how do I get to it?
(any other ideas regarding simple fixes for this problem are always welcome)

Many thanks!
ckp

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A long dead thread but in case anyone else finds there way here because they are looking for info on a Bristan shower mixer (as I did) then you should know that I, like the OP, couldn't find any info at all and ended up ditching the mixer and buying a new one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know this thread is really old now but I just bought a house with a Revelation shower and the temperature isn't controllable any longer. Thankfully it's just stuck on 'warm'.
Mine only has the round plastic bit exposed so I can't see the pipes behind to measure for a replacement.
Please can I ask if you found a new shower that replaced the revelation without having to alter the plumbing and if so, what it was?
I don't want to break the seal and remove mine without having a replacement as I don't have an alternative shower to use.
Thank you very much

Sponsored Links