Brit Gas Stole money out of my account

M

Moz

Before I went away I had rung an rung , them about this , They changed my direct debit to double what it should be ,without notice ,
but I then cancelled my Direct debit with the bank
but Brit Gas owe me £268,

I had been ringing them for the money to be paid back in my account , now three weeks ago they said they will issue a check ..

I rang before holiday an after clicking the numbers like a munkey on the phone , the stupid C*NT on the phone still says its being issued ....

after more than 3 weeks ago ..

got home last night , No check ... what do I do now ????

Sponsored Links
write to your own bank (letter not phone call)

Say "this money was incorrectly taken from my account by a direct debit

under the "Direct Debit Guarantee" I request you to refund my account with the amount of £nnnn"

Yours faithfully

M. Oz

(the "Direct Debit Guarantee" says that if money is wrongly taken, your own bank will refund it, you aren't required to wait for the recipient to process your complaint and issue a refund to you. See if you have a Direct Debit form in one of you bank or Utilities files - the "guarantee" is usually on the back. Naturally, Banks would find it more convenient of you didn't claim on it, so keep your letter short and don't include justifications or complaints, don't give them anything to argue with.)

edited here you are:
http://www.bacs.co.uk/BPSL/directdebit/generalpublic/yourrights/

as it says "If any payment is made in error, you should contact your bank or building society who are responsible for giving you a full and immediate refund - even if the original error was made by the organisation collecting the payment."

JohnD
I will do this ,
I will ring the BG tomorrow ... an then write a letter too the bank ....

I just get fobbed by the ANWKERS at brit Gas ,
it been on my mind all holiday ... the more my wife said forget about it the more it KNawed at me ...

THANKYOU For the Help :)

on a lighter note.. a well known satelite company never took £47 direct debit from my account on 1st oct maybe ive spoken too soon and they will take £47 x 2 on 1st nov :mad:

looking on the postive side... can they claim back any monies owed if they miss taking it for example 6 months or can i say " tough your mistake the money is mine " :?:

Sponsored Links
sky are ^UNTS ....record every 1hr long trying to sort it out , the only hope I heard is murdocds son email ...bomb it an you get sorted

I rang them last monday morn an I told them I was issuing a county court summons ,
an was put straight through too management dept ,

I told them how upset I was ,
she said ,
how much could she sort it out ,
I just said a..... £100 ......lol
an she said Yes of course but it will take 2 weeks to send , lol

I am in week one NOTHING still ...so at the moment they owe me £368,

I will own Brit Gas ...lol ;)

Back