brit job's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
should you get a job because you are a brit ,or should we do as our
mr brown says and be glad we are in the eurozone, because we can go work were we like , thats if you can get a job from our euro friends ,who also have no jobs for themselfs.let alone us :confused:

Sponsored Links
thats if you can get a job from our euro friends ,who also have no jobs for themselfs.let alone us :confused:

you mean all those jobs we Brits scoffed at only a couple of years ago. those jobs that only foreigners would do and were too demeaning for us Brits?

yeah, let's send 'em back.

"light your torches and drive out the foreign invaders........er, i mean people we invited into our country in the first place".

Sponsored Links
The problem is that we're in a club, and have to agree to rules, including those we help make.

If we wanted to ban foreigners from coming to work in the UK (and it would be difficult), we would have to agree that UK citizens could not go and work somewhere else, and that UK companies winning contracts abroad could not use their UK employees.

Do we want to do that? And does it make sense?

The problem is that we're in a club, and have to agree to rules, including those we help make.

If we wanted to ban foreigners from coming to work in the UK (and it would be difficult), we would have to agree that UK citizens could not go and work somewhere else, and that UK companies winning contracts abroad could not use their UK employees.

Do we want to do that? And does it make sense?

And how do you equate that with Browns, "British jobs for British workers"

I have no responsibility for the actions or words of any Prime Minister, past or present. Do you?

You have no substantive comments, then?

It would be nice to think that in this climate jobs go to brit workers.

However......an old friend of mine has her own recruitment agency, and she has always maintained that the foreign/migrant workers will always work harder than the brits, moan less and more importantly for the employer i suppose, do this all for less money.
She constantly gets grief from the british labour, where the migrant ones will happily do the job without fuss.
Circumstances aside, the attitudes towards work seem to be miles apart when it comes to brit workers v migrant workers.

I have no opinion on the matter as i'm not involved, but this is what she says and she runs a very successful business.

Shame though...

It would appear that yet again we Brits are the only ones who play by the rules. We queue and have an open market place like the EU is supposed to be. The problem is not so much that we are giving the contract to foreign companies with foreign workers but that in other EU countries they look after themselves first and thus we never get a look in.

You asked:
And how do you equate that with Browns, "British jobs for British workers"
What sort of fantasy world do you live in that makes you think I have any responsibility to explain what any politician says or does?

the foreign worker has a modest family to feed back east. runs a moped. got a small two bed apartment. drinks cheap vodka. eats cabbage stew. removed his own teeth. and the wife used boot polish and beetroot juice for make-up.

the British worker has a 4x4 he can't afford. a home he can't afford. tele he can't afford. his wife has a boob job he can't afford and all the payments are due from Christmas he couldn't afford.

greed. :rolleyes:

lol, ya know if you broke them sentences up a little, that'd make a great poem! :D

Good point, well made, lol.

Sponsored Links
Back