British Gas - not allowed to leave old parts on site?

We need as many energy saving devices as possible, mmm, the car industry gets how long and how much money for it's scrappage scheme so Audi Merc BMW ect can pump out more 5 litre cars for Mr Man to take his briefcase to work, or Mrs Woman can take kiddies to school in her JCB Sports coupe, and how much money and time has been given to Mr Gas installers customers to change his boiler and upgrade his controls, mmmm, I find it difficult to take this "customer must" this that and the other seriously, especially as we get labelled as ripping off old ladies by forcing them to have more work done than they originally asked for, lets use the machine that goes ping was how it went in the Monty Python film.

Sponsored Links
Frankly transam, I doubt LABC would give a damn, but if the system is drained down and rads are being removed for flushing anyway, how much extra could a kind hearted soul like yourself possibly charge an old age pensioner extra for supplying and fitting a few TRVs, as for the non insulated hot water cylinder, they're fast becoming as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Seriously who cares? Who wants a old useless part laying around. They send the parts back so that the company knows the engineers arn't on the rob. If they fit a part the old one is sent back to prove its been changed not put in the engineers garage kepeish!?

That would be a sensible thing to do but as far as I am aware they do NOT check the old parts against the job and the new ones used.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Seriously who cares? Who wants a old useless part laying around. They send the parts back so that the company knows the engineers arn't on the rob. If they fit a part the old one is sent back to prove its been changed not put in the engineers garage kepeish!?

As far as i know BG dont keep tabs on what comes back as old replaced parts. Half the stuff i replace gets thrown in rubbish bags and collected by the waste collection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back