British gas wireless thermostat and Hive 2 installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on installing the Hive 2 programmer, and I'm trying to work out how to disconnect the British Gas wireless thermostat from the system.

I understand the timer can be easily changed for the 2 channel Hive unit with L N 1 2 3 4 teminals. I believe it should clip directly onto the back plate.

The bit that I am unsure about is how to disconnect the BG thermostat receiver unit. The box is to the bottom right in the main picture. I imagine I will need to bridge the terminals so that essentially the thermostat is bypassed and wired on, so it can be removed?

20151201_194041.jpg

20151201_193903.jpg 20151201_193912.jpg
Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Take out the bottom connection (top row) 2 and 3 plus the neutral and/or earth wire coming from this same wire and leave it out.

Put a link between 4 and 9 at the top by taking the one already between 3 and 9 out and reusing it.

Job done. It couldn't be any easier for you with everything labelled like that.

Last edited:
Take out the bottom connection (top row) 2 and 3 plus the neutral and/or earth wire coming from this same wire and leave it out.

Put a link between 4 and 9 at the top by taking the one already between 3 and 9 out and reusing it.

Thanks for the advice. :)
Is it ok that there is no wire going to 'CH off' (terminal 2 of the programmer)?

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the advice. :)
Is it ok that there is no wire going to 'CH off' (terminal 2 of the programmer)?
Yes absolutely fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back