British Muslim women abused under Sharia courts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Peer is calling for a judge-led inquiry into Sharia courts, in a revealing new report on discrimination against Muslim women across Britain.

In the report, Baroness Cox also outlines the provisions of her Private Members’ Bill, which would curb the growth of quasi-legal systems such as Sharia courts, in England and Wales.

She is seeking to re-introduce the Bill in the next session of Parliament.

Her report, published by conservative think-tank The Bow Group, refers to Sharia court policies on inheritance, polygamy, access to divorce and domestic violence that have adversely affected British Muslim women.

The report includes testimonies from women who have been subjected to various forms of abuse, including one woman who said: “I feel betrayed by Britain. I came here to get away from this and the situation is worse here than in the country I escaped from”.

According to the report, many Muslim women can be left unaware of their legal rights or feel under pressure not to seek professional help that could bring ‘shame’ or ‘dishonour’ on their families or communities.

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/british-muslim-women-abused-under-sharia-courts-report/

Sponsored Links
However anyone feels about muslims and their present behaviour in what was once our country, there is no doubt that they are beginning to hang themselves having been given enough rope to do so.

We hear so much about their 'rights', and how any question of them results in accusations of 'racism' or (the more trendy word) 'islamophobia'. However, they are now coming up against at least three other unassailable 'rights': the right of gender equality, the right of homosexuality and the right of animals to be treated humanely.

I wonder who will come out on top (no pun intended). We live in interesting times.

Islams biggest problem is that it will not reform.
And islamists see any suggestion about reform as an attack on their faith by the infidel.
So for those people with the resolve to defend western freedoms and human rights then the only option is war.
Or adopt the apologists stance and chant "racist" from the sidelines.
Sweden has given in.France has given in and now its the UK's turn.

And islamists see any suggestion about reform as an attack on their faith by the infidel.
So for those people with the resolve to defend western freedoms and human rights then the only option is war.
Or adopt the apologists stance.

Thankfully, and it pains me to say it, France hasn't entirely given in. In 'banning the burkha' they have shown that they have more balls than our politicians.

Sponsored Links
I think this piece says a lot about our learned leftist do-gooder friends....

"As observed by one Islamic expert,

"Much contemporary Muslim intellectual activity is aimed at masking the real intent of Islamist ideologues and movements behind a facade of fashionable Western leftist discourse. For many in the Western hard left, Westerners are reactionary opprossors while under-developed nations and minority groups in the West are oppressed victims. Western democracies are castigated as oppressive, racist, and neo-colonial, while Islamist are praised as representing the revolt of the oppressed against their (Western) oppressors. Radical Islamists, driven by a similar hatred of Western culture, especially its Judeo-Christian basis and its liberal tradition, have forged a bizarre alliance with Western postmodern leftists and have appropriated their discourse as a way of gaining sympathy in the West and of camouflaging their real objectives."

"Masking the real intent"
That's one key statement in that paragraph. There's a few others.

Thankfully, and it pains me to say it, France hasn't entirely given in. In 'banning the burkha' they have shown that they have more balls than our politicians.

"More than 70% of the French expect that France will be forced under submission to Islam".

Guy Millière

http://tinyurl.com/qhy46o8

"More than 70% of the French expect that France will be forced under submission to Islam".

Guy Millière

http://tinyurl.com/qhy46o8[/QUOTE]

Not just France. Britain, certainly, and eventually much, if not all, of the western world.

Why do British Muslim women indulge these Sharia courts when they have British courts at their disposal?

But these sound like reasonably educated women who came here to, in their own words, 'get away from this'. If they are prepared to travel to a new country for a fairer life I can't really see why they wouldn't travel a bit further down the high street to get a fairer hearing.

I know a female Jehova's Witness who is unable to re-marry because after more than ten years of separation her (ex) husband will not agree to a divorce.

Within their rigid community, he would be ostracised if he did; and she would be ostracised if she remarried or co-habited without it.

I also know a Catholic woman who is no longer accepted in her church because she is divorced and cohabiting.

Social pressures in these isolating and domineering religions can be very strong.

We have already mentioned Orthodox Jewish women who are unable to have a religious remarriage without their ex-husband's consent. Reformed Jews consider this to be a Wrong law because a they say Jewish Law cannot be so unethical. Opinion remains divided.

The small bunch of rabid anti-Islamists on here would have you believe that it is a problem only arising in Islam.

It is amusing that the link Handy has posted is from a pressure group calling itself "The Christian Institute" which appears from its website to be obsessed with homsexuality and special rights for Christians.

I know a female Jehova's Witness who is unable to re-marry because after more than ten years of separation her (ex) husband will not agree to a divorce.

Within their rigid community, he would be ostracised if he did; and she would be ostracised if she remarried or co-habited without it.

I also know a Catholic woman who is no longer accepted in her church because she is divorced and cohabiting.

Can you supply proof of the above or did you, as you often do, for convenience make it up?

Telling lies is very naughty. How many times must we catch you out before you learn?

Maybe it's just me but my view is 'you've made your bed so lie in it'.

If an individual chooses a particular religion or culture (way of life) then so be it. Take from it what you will but don't moan when there are 'consequences'.

The OP stated that a woman 'felt betrayed by Britain'

What did Britain do to betray you? YOU chose your religion. YOU chose a way of life and culture. If you now don't want to be part of it then take some action and sort yourself out. Plenty options out there.

Same goes for Judaism and the bloody Roman Candles.

Sick and tired of hearing people moan about the nanny state in one breath and then moaning in another because HMG isn't doing enough to sort out your personal life....

People can 'escape' if they want to. Fact is they choose not to do so.

Let them get on with it...............

Bunch of ****s

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back