The Freedom Fallacy

With inflation running at 10.7% in the penultimate month of the year, it is not difficult to see why so many nurses and teachers have found themselves struggling to pay food and energy bills, while an increasing number queue at a food bank.
The Office for National Statistics said private sector pay increased by 7.2%, before adjusting for inflation, while the equivalent figure for the public sector was a meagre rise of 3.3% in the three months to the end of November.

Not that private sector workers should consider themselves lucky when their pay relative to inflation is also falling. The 7.2% average increase for the sector also disguises pay disparities between professions, with those working in finance and business services such as accountancy, management consultancy and commercial law averaging 7.6%.
Across manufacturing and construction, where a shortage of workers is supposed to be boosting wages for new starters, pay growth fell well short of the consumer prices index (CPI) at 5.4% and 6.3% respectively.

Poverty used to be largely restricted to those without a job. In the two decades before the 2008 financial crisis, wages consistently outpaced inflation, improving living standards. In the decade since George Osborne and David Cameron’s austerity measures began to take effect, a 21st-century version of the Victorian working poor has emerged, especially in the public sector.

Analysis @theGrauniad

Sponsored Links
The irony!

The French are utter scoundrels according to you, nay fruit cakes.

Now, suddenly, you find them to be the solution.

Make your mind up!
Runs with the fox and hunts with the hounds, does trans. When it comes to hatred of others, he can flip like a burger.

The right to remain silent was lost under the last labour government.

Sponsored Links
The maths is not complex. Its roughly another 50% now and 25% in retirement.

I consider it one of my fundamental liberties to be able to travel freely without being held up for hours because someone has superglued their hands to a road.
You could always run over them and claim you thought they were one of those traffic humps they put on the road to "calm the traffic".
I remember years ago a local alcoholic was found lying on the road at the entrance to a hotel carpark, apparently he had multiple injuries consistent with a hit and run incident.
Anyway it emerged through CCTV footage that the alco had decided to pass out due to excess intake of alcohol at the entrance to the hotel.
Two off duty coppers who themselves, were ****ed out of their heads after an afternoon drinking in the hotel, decided it would be cheaper than a taxi if they drove themselves home,
They got into their Range Rover and and proceeded to drive to their respective homes.
The CCTV camera's that recorded the incident, showed the Range Rover callously driving over the top of the alco and driving on.
Fortunately the registration of the offenders was also caught.
Subsequently the police investigation showed that two of their own were responsible, in the resulting court case the defendents claimed that they didn't see the bloke lying at the entrence, when asked by the prosecution if they felt a bump when they ran over the alco, they claimed that they thought they had gone over a traffic hump.
Needless to say they got off.

Last edited:
The irony!

The French are utter scoundrels according to you, nay fruit cakes.

Now, suddenly, you find them to be the solution.

Make your mind up!

Well one can learn a thing or two from scoundrels

Even the french scoundrels

I consider it one of my fundamental liberties to be able to travel freely without being held up for hours because someone has superglued their hands to a road.
why is your liberty to travel more important than somebody else's liberty to protest ?

why is your liberty to travel more important than somebody else's liberty to protest ?
Maybe 'gone' doesn't care about the right to protest?

Unless of course 'gone' believes it is only acceptable to be able to protest about something that 'gone' has an issue with? ;)

Maybe 'gone' doesn't care about the right to protest?

Unless of course 'gone' believes it is only acceptable to be able to protest about something that 'gone' has an issue with? ;)

Not really, I just feel that as a tax paying citizen contributing to this great nation of ours, my rights should be slightly more important than sone f*****g window licker who superglues his hands to a road in a protest aimed at bringing us back to the stone age in order that we may or may not have cleaner air, which because we will all have starved to death becomes completely f*****g irrelevant anyway.

as a tax paying citizen contributing to this great nation of ours, my rights should be slightly more important than sone f*****g window licker
So you actually belive that those less fortunate than yourself deserve less regards Civil Rights?
How very fascist of you.

Not really, I just feel that as a tax paying citizen contributing to this great nation of ours, my rights should be slightly more important than sone f*****g window licker who superglues his hands to a road in a protest aimed at bringing us back to the stone age in order that we may or may not have cleaner air, which because we will all have starved to death becomes completely f*****g irrelevant anyway.
If the protester is a tax paying citizen, does he then have equal rights ?

Sponsored Links
Back