Britony 80 Combi - Chaffoteaux & Maury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently my boiler had a pretty bad leak and I had it repaired (3 way valve replaced, I think!!!).

As the weather has started to get colder I dececided to run the CH just to check it. The boiler runs fine and seems to heat up most of the house rads but I have noticed that once the heat is up to the temperature set on the thermostat the boiler stops heating as normal but then continues to pump, over running. Where as before it would cut out until it was needed again. All it seems to doing is pumping and nothing else, when it should have stopped.

Also it appears that two of the radiators downstairs aren't heating up very well. I've attempted to bleed them of any excess air but this doesn't seem to be the problem. Could it be that they are sludged up and how would i check?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I turned the boiler on tonight and ran it for a while and the same thing happened. the pressure guage dropped down to about 0.6 bar whilst it was doing this and when the heating stopped the pumped continued to run and the pressure stayed at 0.6.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back