Britony Combi 80 raising the pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble raising the pressure in my Britony Combi 80 combi boiler - simply because I can't figure it out. It's on about 0.4 at the minute so it lights ok but doesn't seem to be heating the radiators as hot as they used to get.

Under the unit there's 4 values, one of which is obviously the gas. The one to the far right seems to imply that's something to do with the pressure but turning it when the boiler is off seems to be do nothing.

I've located what i presume is the filling loop, which has been installed above the boiler due to it's location, but there doesn't appear to be a value on either side so nothing to turn. Is it safe to just loosen where it's connected to the piping?

If anyone has any suggestion that would be great.

Chhers.

Sponsored Links
Leave the valves directly under the boiler alone...they are nothing to do with the filling loop. Post pics of the loop.

Unless you in a 3 storey house 0.4 Bar is fine. This pile of junk will leak at any opportunity so leave the pressure alone.

A common problem is the temperature and mode selector knobs breaking. Pull off the temp knob and check the spindle is turning. Also the return filter may be blocked. Does the boiler cycle on/off in heating mode when initially heating up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back